Modular Head Shop GT500 Professional Camshaft Degree Kit
Modular Head Shop 5.4L / 5.8L GT500 Professional Camshaft Degree Kit
This camshaft degree kit will come with everything to properly degree camshafts in GT500 Cylinder Heads. This kit comes with 2 of all the important parts so you can degree both cams on each bank at the same time. In addition to all the standard camshaft degree parts, this kit also features a custom adjustable lash adjuster for the intake side.
- Steel Plate for mounting magnetic base dial indicator
(2) Adjustable Lash Adjusters - GT500 Specific
- One Small Adjuster for Intake Side, One Standard Adjuster for Exhaust Side
- Extended length allen key for for adjustments
- (2) Dial Indicator Extensions
- (2) MHS Custom Aluminum Retainers for Checker Springs
- (2) Checker Springs
- Adjustable Piston Stop
- Moroso 18" Pro Degree Wheel
- 4.6L / 5.4L Crankshaft Socket with Degree Wheel Adapter Hub - 1/2" Drive
- (2) Magnetic Base Dial Indicators - 1.000" Travel, 0.001" Resolution
The dial indicator extensions in this kit are machined on both ends for a 4-42 thread, unlike some extensions that are only threaded on one end. This allows you to remove the ball from your dial indicator, install our extension, then install the ball on the other end of our extension. The MHS custom aluminum retainers are machined for standard 4.6L 2V / 4V 7mm Stem, 7 Degree locks. These retainers are oversize and have an Outer Diameter of 1.000" along with a machined groove for the dial indicator to sit. This helps the dial indicator tip from moving as the valve is traveling up and down.
The dial indicator in this kit has a 1.000" travel. Our suggestion is to preload the dial indicator just slightly higher than your max lift, while the lobe being measured is on the base circle. For instance, if you have a .575" lift camshaft, be sure to pre-load the dial indicator around .600-.700". Any less than the advertised valve lift, and you will run out of travel. Setting preload while the valve is wide open and the dial indicator can bind on the way up. The first example is more common, but both will give you bad valve event readings.
Suggestions for lash adjuster preload is .002" at the base circle. Loosen the lash adjuster until the follower can wiggle. Tighten up while watching the dial indicator. Once the gauge starts to move you are at zero lash. Add .001" - .002" and start degreeing.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 13.0 lbs.
- W20.0000” x H20.0000” x L4.0000”
- Free Shipping!
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.