Diamond 5.4L Competition Series Pistons / Molnar PWR ADR H-Beam Connecting Rods Combo
Diamond 5.4L Specific Zero Deck Pistons
- Full Round Forging - 2618 Alloy
1.300" Compression Height
- Approx 0.008" Piston to Deck Clearance with Stock Block
- Standard, .010" or .020" Over Bore
- 2V PI, 2V TFS, 3V or 4V Valve Reliefs
- .280" Down Top Ring Land
- Moly Coated Skirts w/ Diamond Logo
Includes 1.2mm x 1.5mm x 3.0mm Piston Ring Set
- Gas Nitrided Steel Top, Cast Iron 2nd, 3 Piece Oil
- Excellent for power adder applications
- .180" Wall 8620 Wrist Pins with Round Wire Locks
Molnar 5.4L / 5.8L PWR ADR H-Beam Connecting Rods
- Forged 4340 H-Beam Design
- 6.657" Length
- Supplied with 7/16" ARP 2000 Rod Bolts
- ?Big End 487
- Pin End 207g
- Total 694g
- Ceramic Dome Coating - Thermal Barrier helps with piston fatigue
Moly Skirt Coating - The Moly Skirt coating helps reduce friction and protect the skirts during warmup and cold starts. This is a standard feature. Normally it will come with the Diamond logo printed. Sometimes it will come sprayed on. The only difference is the Aestetics, as both the sceen print and spray on coating serve the same purpose.
Optional Ceramic Dome Coating - The Ceramic Dome coating is optional and definitely not necessary on most applications. It does however, create a thermal barrier at the piston crown and has no negative effects. By having a barrier at the crown, the rest of the piston is protected from the extreme heat of the combustion processs. Less heat means less fatigue. Overheating the Alumium alloy will eventually "Anneal" it and counteract the heat treat which gives the piston it's strength.
Optional Lateral Gas Ports - Suggested for boost levels over 20lbs. The gas ports allow combustion gasses behind the top ring, pushing it out harder against the cylinder walls for better sealing. These work very well with the smaller top rings and will not prematurely wear out the cylinder walls.
Optional Wrist Pin Upgrade - While you will not break a .180" Wall 8620 Pin at 800 HP or even 1000 HP, we suggest the H-13 Tool Steel Wrist Pin upgrade at 800 HP for one reason...rigidity. The H-13 Pins are more rigid. We have seen plenty of wrist pin flex around the 800-900 HP mark with standard 8620 or 4130 alloy pins. The flexing wrist pin will gall up the pin bores of the piston and damage the pin bushing in the connecting rods. This simply shortens the life of both components.
Add Rod Bearings: Both King XP Series and Clevite H-Series Rod Bearings are a good choice. We offer them both in standard and coated versions. King uses their own in-house coating process. We have the Clevite H-Series Rod Bearings coated for us by Calico Coatings.
- Send in your crankshaft for balancing: Your crankshaft will need to be balanced to the rods and pistons. We offer in-house balancing and keep extremely tight tolerances. Rod bearings are required for balancing, so you will need to make sure you purchase a set of rod bearings from us when you order if you would like the balancing option. You cover the freight in, we cover the freight out. Includes a 3 Stage Polish and cleaning after balancing.
Compression Ratios Calculated with a 3.620" x .036" Compression Thickness Head Gasket and a .008" Piston to deck clearance.
|2V TFS 38cc||2V PI 42cc||2V TFS 44cc||3V 50cc||4V 52cc|
- Item Requires Shipping
- 35.0 lbs.
- W14.0000” x H14.0000” x L28.0000”
- Free Shipping!
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.